At Destination Namaste A Propos / About we support people that are making a difference and Clara Daviet from Balasana is definitely doing just that! Meet the founder, director and designer at Balasana® the first Yoga clothing brand that is 100% made in France and eco-friendly.
Clara started her career in the luxury industry sharing her knowledge and passion for well-being. She has worked in top fashion houses, including Dior in the Plaza Athénée and La Prairie at the Spa du Bristol in Paris. After a trip to Australia that sparked an idea for a new project, she decided to follow her intuition and leave Paris for Cannes, where she would launch Balasana.
An avid yogi for many years already, Clara values discovery and progress in her yoga practice, while aiming to uphold the values of yoga, including constantly seeking ways to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle. She soon discovered that there were a very limited number of ethical, eco-friendly and stylish yoga wear options on the market.
This is how Clara came up with the idea to create her own brand of high-quality, locally-produced yoga wear, blending classic French elegance and charm with ethical and eco-friendly manufacturing practices. Clara mindfully and gradually became an entrepreneur, holding fast to the values of minimalism and determination. Her guiding principles are living a healthy lifestyle with just what you really need, this became the inspiration for her ambitious project and gave birth to Balasana.
About her garments
Wearing a Balasana®, garment means wearing a high-quality, locally-produced piece of clothing that is 100% made in France and looks great before, during and after yoga class! All of the materials that she uses for her garments are vegan: she does not use any wool, silk or leather.
- Balasana fabrics are eco-friendly and ethically-produced, and have been carefully designed to be:
- Comfortable : made of super-soft fabric to provide optimal comfort and a full range of movement
- Practical : Fast-drying
- Soft : It’s a key feature of organic cotton – it’s extra-extra soft and anti-allergenic
- All suppliers have been selected by Balasana® with the utmost of care, and were chosen for their eco-friendly manufacturing processes, taking into account:
- The use of products that are safe for people and for the environment
- Waste water treatment practices
- Recycling practices
- Energy-saving initiatives
- Weaving, dyeing, sewing, embroidery, and label production all take place in France, with a conscious and artisanal approach:
- GOTS-certified organic cotton is produced in Aube
- Breathable Oeko-Tex fabrics are produced in Rhône
- 100% natural linen is produced in Maine-et-Loire
- Patterns and production takes place in Vendée
- Embroidery is done in Alpes-MaritimesIf you like Clara’s story and would like to support her have a look at her website to learn more: https://balasana.fr/