NOURISH BOWL INGREDIENTS
Greens | spinach, romaine, arugula, kale, micro greens, sprouts, mustard greens, swiss chard, etc.
Proteins | tempeh, beans, quinoa and lentils (starchy-proteins), hemp seeds, nuts/seeds, nutritional yeast (not a “protein”, but loaded with plant-based protein). Vegetarian friendly (ovo-, pesca-, lacto-): farm fresh eggs and wild-caught fish. Animal proteins: quality sources only.
Healthy fats | avocado, olive oil, olives, nuts, seeds, hemp seeds, grapeseed oil, sesame oil, truffle oil
Veggies | carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, snap peas, peas, radish, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower; any and all veggies you enjoy!
Carbohydrates | sweet potatoes, quinoa, millet, brown rice, wild rice, beans (starchy-protein), corn and peas (starchy veggie).
»Fruits: strawberries, pears, banana, papaya, mango, grapes, raspberries, apples, etc.
Add-ons | fermented veggies like kim chi or sauerkraut, homemade salad dressings [try my favorite Sweet Tahini Drizzle], kelp/dulse granules and flakes for added iodine and minerals, nutritional yeast, homemade hummus, apple cider vinegar (a must!), fresh lemon juice
Dressings | my favorite is 2 tablespoons hummus + 2-4 tablespoon apple cider vinegar + 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast = a super thick and creamy dressing.
- 2 cups romaine, roughly chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 4-5 roasted brussels sprouts (from batch cooking day)
- 1 roasted sweet potato
- ½ cup carrots, shredded or diced
- ¼ cup cucumber, sliced thinly
- ¼ of an avocado
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons hummus (of your choice)
- fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- dash of kelp granules
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Start by filling a large salad bowl with the dark leafy greens.
- Next, top with all the remaining vegetables, sweet potatoes, and hemp seeds; piling them in their own “spot” in the bowl (as pictured).
- You can arrange each ingredient in a pile and then wait to stir everything together, or you can simply top the dark leafy greens with all the remaining ingredients at the same time and stir thoroughly.
- The nutritional yeast + the hummus + the apple cider vinegar makes for a thick and creamy dressing on it’s own.
- Serve and enjoy!